Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...”
I'm a big advocate of if you want a different result from the one that you have been getting, you have to try something different, otherwise you'll continue to get the same results that you always have. With this in mind, what are you planning on doing differently to find love in 2016? To get you started, here are our top 10 tips to challenge you to date differently this year:
1. Always remember that you deserve to be in a healthy, loving and committed relationship. If you're dating someone that falls short of this, ditch the excuses and wake up & smell the coffee (sooner rather than later). Move on quickly to make room for someone who can give you the relationship that you truly want, why? Because you're totally worth it!
2. Be open-minded; don't tarnish every man and woman with the same brush because you were wronged. Aside from it being totally unfair to cast aspersions about a whole population of one gender based on a sample of one (or a few), ultimately it hinders you from finding love.
3. Try dropping your height requirements by one or two inches and open yourself up to a new dating pool for 2016.
4. Be more flexible about dating people closer in age to you, you'll find that you have access to new dating opportunities overnight.
5. Don't fall into the old patterns of yesteryears, when you start pushing your love life to the back of the queue because you've over stretched yourself with work, social and personal commitments. Give your love life the priority that it deserves because if you don't, no one else will!
6. Like attracts like, be kind, loving and generous to yourself. Treat yourself how you wish for others to treat you.
7. It's your love life - don't miss opportunities to meet new single people at events because you can't find a friend to go along with you. In 2015, on average 88% of people attended Tantric Club events alone.
8. Spread your bets by trying different avenues to meet people whether that's through, online Asian dating sites, Asian singles events, Asian speed dating, personal matchmaking services, dating apps and the like. A smart dater never puts his/her eggs into one basket.
9. If meeting someone is genuinely important to you, consciously carve out the time in your schedule and make a concerted effort to date and keep the momentum going.
10. Finding love has no age limit, there is someone out there for you, you've just got to hold onto this belief whilst being positive and proactive in your search.
Happy dating in 2016!Alpa Saujani